Welcome to a new season of the LGHL Pittsburgh Penguins. Last season we started to get away from team oriented fun and a bad aura was floating in the locker room so I stopped doing the blog. I hope to keep this seasons blog more consistent. This first post will break down our first line, and I will follow up with 2nd and 3rd lines and depth players by tomorrow.
Forwards
As for our biggest acquisition, we gained the most coveted player of the league in Jclaus. Honestly, even at his ridiculous 14.25 million dollar contact I can say he is worth it. I played 2 seasons for 2 easy cup wins with this cat in another league, and he has the niftiest mittens I've ever seen. He shuts it down in his own end, makes people look foolish and scores at will, all while creating more ice for other players.. what more can be said.
Outlook: Look for him to finish near the top in the league in takeaways and points.
For our GM we have Kraz18, a great big game player who knows how to dominate on both sides of the ice. He is coming off a Stanley Cup win in Chicago, and also has a Calder Cup under his belt. He will likely decimate lines with Jclaus, as opponents won't have the option to concentrate on just one dynamic player. He has a great nose to the net, and can produce on a nightly basis.
Outlook: Look for him to finish near the top in the league in points.
Hra-ow is a coveted prospect that is coming off a great season in the CHL. Although his stats look really impressive, it remains to be seen if he can keep that type of production up at the NHL level, as defense is a lot tighter in the big show. He will likely get a chance to play on the top line with some Kraz and Jclaus. Quite frankly you can play with your feet and get points playing with those guys, so I don't see him having a problem producing.
Outlook: Look for him to try to make a difference early on in the season, if he can't produce he will probably be swapped out pretty quickly.
Defense
First D-pairing looks like its going to be TheKaner_88, and the late acquisition Explicit AKA Lalz. TheKaner has great hands and can get the offense going with a quick first pass. He also can play the shutdown role in his own end. Lalz is coming off a couple season hiatus so it will be interesting to see how he fairs, but I have played league with him before and he had no problem shutting down opponents on the previous versions of the game, so I don't see him having an issue with Nhl18 having a big emphasis on Defense.
Outlook: Look for the first d pairing to rack up a lot of wins, and chip in offensively. As long as these two gel well together they should prosper playing behind the likes of claus and kraz .
That's it for now gents, like I said look for another write up for the rest of the lines by tomorrow or Wednesday.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please keep discussion posts somewhat civil and on topic.